Monday, January 24, 2005

Spousal Abuse: Beyatch deletes gaming account

Yea, old news and it's been covered on a lot of blogs all ready. Bastards beating me to the press while I sit here like a douche bag. However, what I don't get is how people responded to this, like this story was actually unheard of, how can people be so fuckin ignorant? This kind of shit has been going on ever since online gaming addiction took over our pathetic lives.

I used to be a guide, (yea, I know, shut the hell up) and every month I would pull a petition and it would read something like this.

Petitioner: OMFG!!! All my characters on my account were gone when I logged in, PLEASE HEPL!!!!~!

Me the wonder guide that couldn't do shit: Do you know what happened that may of been the cause of this?

Petitioner: It has to be a #$!^%@ BUG! YOU GUYS ARE ALWAYS SCREWING UP SOMETHING!

Me the wonder guide that couldn't do shit: Um, I didn't screw anything up, but I haven't heard of anyone logging in and having all their characters deleted recently. If it was a current bug, I'm sure I would of heard about it or read about it happening on another server within the last 72 hours.

Petitioner: Fine... but, restore my items since I am going to tell you the truth. I spend too much time on the computer and my GF got fed up and deleted all my stuff.

Anyway, that's how it usually went. I wasn't the only one pulling these petitions, it would happen a few times a month. It really was sad, seeing how someone reacts to the news that they are going to have to wait and speak with a GM about their account being restored. I swear, I've seen people respond better to family members dying than seeing them freak out over their account. Whatever you do, if you spend a lot of time on the computer playing games. DON'T GIVE OUT YOUR FUCKIN INFO. Although, it would probably be better losing your account than your jimmy. "Timmmmbeeer!"

Here's the article about pyscho beyatch.

Woman arrested for deleting savegame
---------------------------------
Japanese woman was arrested for wiping her boyfriend's save game data…
The jilted girlfriend, said to be in her thirties, logged onto her ex-lover's Lineage account with his username and password. Once there she deleted his game data including all the items, weapons and clothes he had collected.

Although the boyfriend did not suffer financially he reported the misuse of his account to the police. Police then reported the woman of Toyama Prefecture, to the Fukushima District Public Prosecutors Office accusing her of violating a law banning illegal access to someone else's online accounts.

The woman has admitted the crime. "I did it as revenge for breaking up with me," she told police.

The couple actually met through playing the game, love blossomed in the online RPG and the lovers soon met up. However the relationship did not last long and thoughts turned to revenge.

Imagine having your save games held ransom by a jilted lover. A treasured memory card held over a fire, "you better not break up with me or the Final Fantasy VII save gets it." Scary. Very scary.
A
---------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home